WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!

There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.

Modeling 101 Followers - I Love You!!!

Follow Modeling 101 with Dania Denise by Email!

Google

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Quick Tip #52

Category: Posing
For: Male & Female Models

Experienced models will totally relate to this saying, "If the pose hurts, you're doing it right!" So true! Anytime you're doing a pose and you feel "comfortable," that means it's not going to photograph well. I swear, it happens every single time. The only exception are simpler poses like standing up where you're not doing much. What I'm talking about mainly refers to poses where you're sitting down, kneeling, lying down, etc. Anything that involves some kind of stance where your body is dynamically posed in some way.

When in front of the camera, the entire body should be in action, your muscles should be tense to some degree as you are holding the pose. Whether it's high fashion or a lifestyle image, to some degree your body should be alert. Depending on the pose, you'll be able to feel a slight burning in your muscles--similar to holding a pose while doing an exercise like yoga.

So remember, if you're holding a pose and it's a bit uncomfortable or if the photographer tells you to rest and you literally feel your entire body relax at that moment, it means you're posing in a way that will produce the best photographic results.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I didn't know where to put this so I thought putting it here would be ok... So I was wondering, sorry these are multiple questions—I have bangs and I look petty bad without them (relatively large forehead), I'd like to send in an application to ford in Miami and a couple others (I'm 13 BTW) but they want the pictures without any hair in your face, of course I'm going to do that but I don't want them to be like "eww, NEXT!" or something.... Also if i were to get signed would they, like, immediately just like throw me head first into the buisness( not literally of course)? I'm inexpirenced... Also what about open calls? I have an idea of what to wear but one you go in what happens? You were with FORD so maybe you could offer some insight? And lastly I had read that you said you were going to create a YouTube account? Thanks sorry for so many questions
-Ashley

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Ashley! You'll find the answer to your questions in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #475," which can be found on my new blog: "Modeling 101 - Answering Readers Questions."

Please visit this link: http://amodelsdiary-readerquestions.blogspot.com/ and you can view your post there. Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

What exactly is "teen modeling"? What are its requirements for male models?


-Thank You, Erik T

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Erik T! You'll find the answer to your questions in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #477," which can be found on my new blog: "Modeling 101 - Answering Readers Questions."

Please visit this link: http://amodelsdiary-readerquestions.blogspot.com/ and you can view your post there. Thanks for reading!