WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!

There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.

Modeling 101 Followers - I Love You!!!

Follow Modeling 101 with Dania Denise by Email!

Google

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Latest Shoot: Menswear for Women

Remember how I raved about working with student photographers? That opinion hasn't changed. Via Facebook I networked with a young lady named Ming, who had posted on one of the FB modeling groups I belong to about needing models to shoot a concept with. I checked out her profile, liked what I saw and shot her a message with my interest after sending a friend request.

Prior to shooting, we messaged each other religiously about the look we were going for, what I needed to bring, what she was bringing, location, date, time, etc. Even in her writing I could tell she was professional and was very excited about working with her. It was a TFP shoot so in exchange I would get copies of the best images for my portfolio, which was fine with me. The only time I do free shoots these days if is I really like a photographers work and/or they want to shoot a concept/look I need in my portfolio. Both of which applied to Ming.

We met up in San Francisco at the de Young Museum. I brought a garment bag with a bunch of different options and she brought a few items along as well for wardrobe. I arrived camera ready with my hair pulled back into a low chignon and with my face on point, thanks to my makeup artist, Sophia Musto.

The concept was "Menswear for Women." I've personally always been a fan of women wearing men's clothing in fashion. I think it's super sexy. Once we knew what I was going to wear, I got changed and we set out to shoot. I knew right away things would work out wonderfully with Ming. She's got a great work ethic and is super efficient. We would pick a location, set up and shoot for a bit, preview what we'd shot, make tweaks if necessary and then move on to the next location. We spent about 2 hours shooting and got a lot of great images.

Below are our favorites:


No comments: