- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
The Difference Between Casting Calls/Open Calls & Agency Interviews
There continues to be a lot of misconceptions and myths about submitting to agencies. I can only hope that my blog has helped to properly educate and inform so that anybody thinking about sending a submission to a local agency does so with successful results.
It's normal to be confused when navigating modeling agency websites and trying to figure out how to go about getting noticed. Going to casting calls (also known as "open calls") are one of the most effective ways to catch an agency's eye. After all, it's free and you get to actually meet with the staff. Getting invited to an interview at an agency is even better.
In case you thought casting calls/open calls and agency interview were the same, think again. So how do the two differ?
- Casting calls/open calls are held on a specific day and time frame each week. Agency interviews are specially scheduled and can take place anytime during the work week.
- Casting calls/open calls are open to the public--essentially, anyone with an interest in modeling can attend without an appointment. Agency interviews are only offered to select female and male models.
- Going to a casting call/open call usually means being around a bunch of other aspiring models. Agency interviews are one-on-one situations where you're the only one being interviewed during that time.
- Casting calls/open calls are typically scheduled to be 1-2 hours long. Anyone who wants to go can come in at anytime between the hours listed (i.e. 3-4pm or 2-4pm). Models chosen for an agency interview are given an exact date and time to be at the office.
- Casting calls/open calls are fairly quick. You sign in, have your info and photos reviewed and then you're done. Agency interviews can be anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Casting call/open calls attire is casual. For agency interviews, models may be given guidelines or suggestions on what to wear. Interview attire can range from casual (like what one would wear to a casting call) to dressy casual.