Skip to main content

J Winery Photoshoot


So I finally made contact with the photographer regarding the J Winery photoshoot I did back in September. This was an awesome shoot that involved a lot of other models and took place in Healdsburg, California, which is pretty far out and filled with small towns and various wineries. J Winery is updating their brochures, fliers, website, and other promotional and marketing materials and hired us as lifestyle/commercial print models. I spent the entire day drinking wine and sampling the new meals on their menu. I can't say I've had a more pampered shoot! We literally spent the day drinking wine and eating. Who could ask for more? I'm not a drinker really so I took baby sips and eventually faked it (haha) but a few of my fellow models got pretty warm and fuzzy but no one acted out and the shoot went pretty smoothly. It was 90+ degrees out as well, but luckily they didn't have us outside for long.

I left super early to make the drive, which was a little over 2 hours from where I lived but totally worth it. I made a lot of friends with the other models, whom I still keep in touch with. The crazy thing is that one of the male models was a guy I knew from my hometown, who I hadn't seen in over 5 years! Talk about a small world! So we spent a lot of time catching up and everyone exchanged business cards and phone numbers afterwards. It was one of the best shoots I've done, hands down. The images haven't been edited yet but the photographer gave me the link to the gallery to see the pictures. He's going to let me pick my favorite ones, which he will retouch and give to me in high resolution so I can print it out for my portfolio. Sweet!

The people at J Winery were so wonderful to us and they gave us a goodie bag after the shoot filled with a bottle of their latest wine and special VIP passes for complimentary wine tasting and access to VIP treatment like menu sampling. Ah, the perks of being a model!

Here are some of my favorite shots from that day (I added a watermark to these images since they haven't been published yet):

(Yes, we did really get to eat the food...yum! If you think it's easy to eat food while looking photogenic, it's a lot harder than it looks!)



(It didn't make sense to try to drink the wine because with each pose they gave me a new full glass so that it stayed bubbly.)



(Me and my new friend in the industry, Aaron. To get the best candid shots, we told funny stories while taking direction from the photographer about which way to turn, how to hold the glass, etc.)



(Shooting outdoors. I don't think there was a time when we weren't laughing!)



(Another good thing for all models to practice: walking and posing at the same time.)



(Salu! Me and Aaron were always partnered together for some reason so it made sense that we became fast friends.)



(Indoor shoot. The woman next to me is actually one of the employees at J Winery. A couple of them gladly joined us to create a crowded atmosphere.)



(Group shot inside J Winery. The handsome guy in the gray shirt I'm smiling at is my buddy from my hometown. His younger brother and sister are my good friends from high school.We couldn't believe we ran into each other after all this time!)

Comments

Amber said…
Wow - I wish I could have been a part of that! Looks like you had a ton of fun. I am glad that you had such a great time on the job and the photos turned out really fabulous!

Popular posts from this blog

Modeling & Pay Rates: How Much Should You Charge?

(This post is more targeted towards freelance models and not those with agency representation, although it may apply to those that have an agent but continue to find their own work.) A part of being a successful model is making money from the jobs that you book. However, being a freelance model comes with many challenges--figuring out what you should charge is one of them. I will say upfront that there are no established black and white rules when it comes to pay rates. Each modeling job is different, each client is different and budgets vary. Ultimately the factors that should influence what you charge should be the amount of experience you have, the strength of the images in your portfolio and the client's budget/needs. Not every client is going to pay what you want to charge. There may be times when you will be skipped over for charging too much or taken advantage of for charging too little. It's going to happen so be prepared for it and do not take it personally. It

Modeling and Weight

One of the first things I hear potential models ask is what the weight requirement for modeling is. Sometimes that is the main issue they worry about when it comes to pursuing modeling. Let me tell you right now that weight should NOT be one of those concerns. Obviously, the height requirement reigns supreme when measuring up to the modeling standards sought out by agencies. If you meet the height requirements--whether it's for fashion and runway or commercial/print--that is the first step towards starting on the path to modeling. How much you weigh shouldn't be your biggest fear. It is rare that anyone can look at someone and say, "Oh, my gosh, he/she looks like they are 5 pounds over our weight requirement!" It just isn't realistic. If you look at many modeling agency websites, they clearly list the age and height requirements--rarely, if at all do they list any weight restrictions. The general rule of thumb when it comes to weight is that for models who

What Are Male Models Supposed to Look Like?

The modeling world is filled with women. That's never been a secret and sadly, that often means male models fall by the wayside. There are successful male models in all categories across the industry but the fact that the modeling business revolves around women can make it challenging for newbies to figure out how to pursue their goals of male modeling. It is important to know that because there are different types of modeling categories out there, that means there are also different types of male models. They aren't all supposed to look alike and what ends up being in demand does change every year. Let's break down the common attributes that come with male modeling in various popular categories, shall we? THE MALE FASHION/RUNWAY/EDITORIAL MODEL These are the typical types of models most of us tend to think of when it comes to men in modeling. What is important to know and understand if you're an aspiring male model is that agencies have all different looks