Hey, all! So it's been a while since I've posted but I've been super busy lately between castings, shoots, and my art and writing business. I've wanted to do posts relating to my recent shoots but won't be able to get copies of the images for a while so I'll wait until I get the pictures and will do detailed posts then.
But I can say that I've been involved in some pretty fun shoots: catalog work, website stuff, and stock photography. I just finished a lifestyle shoot in Santa Cruz yesterday and this weekend I'm doing a handbag shoot for a catalog and, if all goes well, I'll be doing a runway show modeling swimwear for a Japanese designer, modeling her line of crocheted swimsuits.
Still no agency representation, but I'm not doing too bad for myself with freelance, but I do plan on attending an open casting call for an agency near me soon. Just need to update my portfolio images and have them printed out, along with comp cards, and I'll be good to go!
Don't worry, I'm still dedicated to educating you about the modeling industry. I've got some posts coming up soon dealing with some interesting topics such as:
- How to properly hire a professional photographer for a shoot (and what to expect)
- Tips for aging gracefully (in order to extend the life of your modeling career)
- Why male models have it good
- Tips for writing cover letters to agencies
- How to get into modeling even if you don't have a "model" look
...and many more topics! So hang in there and I'll get to all your modeling concerns soon!
PS: If you're wondering what new modeling gigs I've been doing lately, feel free to visit my blog post titled "Dania Denise Resume" to see what I've been up to. I update that version of my resume after every gig so even if I'm not able to post about it right away, you can keep track of what I'm doing.
- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.