- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Why Your Checkbook Can't Secure Success in Modeling
Getting into the modeling field is different from any other type of occupation so you'll be dealing with an entirely different set of rules. Some people think that the more money they spend, the higher their chances are of becoming successful as a model. But it's simply not true. Here are the top reasons why:
1. Dealing with agencies is FREE! That's right, attending open casting calls, emailing or snail mailing your pictures and information and getting scouted are all free of charge to you. Not only do these methods of getting in front of an agency keep money in your wallet, it gives you a direct connection to the agency itself. No middleman needed--and speaking of middlemen...
2. The middlemen that charge you money can't guarantee you results. Modeling conventions, modeling schools and other organizations like them can offer all the tips, training and classes they want but in the end, nowhere in the paperwork does it say that you WILL get signed to an agency and lead a prosperous career, despite the success stories they rely on to sell their services. Even legit modeling agencies state that they cannot promise amazing success to models signed to their roster so why hand over hundreds to thousands of dollars to a "middleman" that is only interested in your wallet instead of telling you the truth as to whether or not you really have a shot in the industry? At least an agency will tell you the truth and won't hand you a bill afterwards.
3. Agencies are not to be bribed. Sure, you may see people getting bought off in the movies all the time for favors, positions of power and so on. But this is not how things work in the modeling world. It takes the right look, talent and marketability to create a successful model--there is no monetary amount that compares.
4. The amount of money spent does not equal a top model. It is totally possible to get a modeling career off the ground without spending a fortune. A person can spend tons of money on a professional portfolio with pro images and have a slew of modeling classes under his/her belt but in reality, that person has the same chance as a newbie who has never been in front of a camera before. You know what the major factor is that will determine which of the two will get signed? Talent. Plain and simple. Either you've got it or you don't. And money simply can't replace true talent and potential. Period. So before reaching into your wallet or taking out your checkbook, make sure you've pursued all of the most cost-effective routes and are only spending your hard earned dollars on parts of the industry that are absolutely necessary.