WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!

There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.

Modeling 101 Followers - I Love You!!!

Follow Modeling 101 with Dania Denise by Email!

Google

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Quick Tip #18

Category: Posing
For: Male & Female Models

Models, be mindful when using your eyes to look sideways in a pose. Looking too far off to the side will photograph as if you have no pupils (i.e. demonic, lol). When you feel the need to look off to the side for a particular shot, pick a spot to look at that's a few inches (left or right) away from where the camera is instead of looking at it straight on.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey Dania! I've been an avid follower of your blog for quite some time now and I have question for you: do you think there's potential in someone with 34D-26-36 measurements? I'm 5'9" and have been dreaming of modeling for years, but have always been held back by a) the fact that I'm not skinny enough for most agencies and b) how my family has discouraged it because they are hyper-intellectual. I often get the offhanded "hey do you model?" remarks, and after serious consideration I have decided to look further into it. If you have any piece of advice, or really anything at all to tell me, I cannot express how grateful I would be. And it would be awesome if you knew of any agency that takes girls my size. I understand that I'm not huge, but I'm definitely curvier than many fashion models out there. Thank you so much!!!
Caroline

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Caroline! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #239." Thanks for reading!