WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!

There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.

Modeling 101 Followers - I Love You!!!

Follow Modeling 101 with Dania Denise by Email!

Google

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My ANTM Casting Experice Pt. II

When I found out about the ANTM casting, I visited the CW Network website (www.cwtv.com) and first read the Eligibility Requirements to make sure that I was indeed eligible to apply. I then printed out the Application and filled it out. Because I planned on attending the open casting call in San Francisco, I did not do a videotape submission.

However, if you plan on submitting your application via snail mail then you will need to include a 3-minute videotape (DVD or VHS) of yourself, along with other materials so please read the Eligibility Requirements and the Application to make sure you are following the right steps.

I work up at 6am, got ready, got stuck in traffic due to the horrible storm that hit the city and arrived at my destination around 8am. What I brought with me:

- Application, completely filled out

- Photo ID (driver's license)

- Small bag that had my application carefully tucked away from the rain, a book to read, snacks, and my heels (due to the rain I did not want my feet to get wet or my shoes so I wore sneakers and rolled up my dark jeans so they did not get wet)

- Small purse that contained my wallet, powder, lip gloss, mascara, small notepad and a pen

- A big umbrella!

I parked my car in a nearby parking garage and already expected a long line, which there was. The casting people weren't officially seeing any applicants until 10am and at 8am there was already 100-150 people in front of me. Here's my video coverage of my arrival:

video

The first shot of the line I show goes around the corner to the left--the Westin Hotel is further up that block:

video

Luckily the line moved pretty fast and the rain let up a lot so we didn't have to huddle under a community of umbrellas. I made friends with the other gals in line and the crowd/atmosphere overall was positive, energetic and friendly, which is always a plus!

No comments: