- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Monday, August 18, 2008
My Modeling Song List for Photoshooots
I did a post a while back talking about playing music during a photoshoot to help get you into the right mood and help with posing. Did you know that Giselle listens to classical music during her shoots? It's true.
It doesn't matter what your musical tastes are, as long as it gets you in the right frame of mind to pull off amazing images, it helps to put together your own song list just for modeling.
I have a few CDs that I use for modeling. I tend to update them from time to time, especially when certain songs get played out for me. I thought it would be fun to share my latest song list of my "Model Mix" CD that I currently use. This particular batch of songs have great beats that make my body move and totally make me feel sexy. Of course I don't use it for all my shoots and sometimes I'll choose more mellow music depending on the theme of my shoot.
It helps to ask the photographer you're working with ahead of time if it's okay to bring music. Most won't mind at all and may already have their own music ready to play. Sometimes you'll have to shoot with no music in the background but if there is a chance to play some tunes then go for it!
Be sure to play music that is free of explicit lyrics (radio edit versions are ideal) and while many photographers are open to all kinds of music, it never hurts to be polite and ask what their musical preference is as well (they have to listen to the music, too!).
My Current Modeling Song List:
1) Britney Spears "Gimme More"
2) Eve "Tambourine"
3) Danity Kane "Damaged"
4) Teriyaki Boyz "Tokyo Drift"
5) Gwen Stefani "Yummy"
6) Ida Corr "Let Me Think About It"
7) Kat DeLuna "Whine Up"
8) Nelly "Bay"
9) Lil Mama, Chris Brown & T-Pain "Shawty Get Loose"
10) Nump "Grapes"
11) Baby Bash & Sean Kingston "What Is It?"
12) Pitbull & Trina "Go Girl"
13) Pussy Cat Dolls "Hot Stuff"
14) Vanity 6 "Nasty Girl"