- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Modeling Is More Than Being Pretty
Obviously, the physical aspect is the first thing that will get you in the door, but there's more that comes afterwards. The world of modeling is filled with superficiality and intense competition. Out of the millions of girls and young ladies who try out to be models, only about 1% make it to the Tyra, Gisele level.
All looks aside, it takes attitude and self-confidence to be a successful model. You have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror and accept every good and bad thing about your body and appearance. If you love yourself, that's half the battle.
For you model-hopefuls out there, ask yourself these questions:
1) Can I handle rejection from an agent or a gig?
2) How would I handle multiple rejections?
3) Do I think I'm fat?
4) Am I insecure in any way?
5) If I was in a room with other models, all competiting for the same gig, how would I be feeling? Nervous, insecure, jealous, confident?
6) How much time and effort am I willing to put into modeling?
7) Do I want to model full-time or part-time as a hobby?
8) Would I let success change me as a person?
9) Am I willing to travel?
There are so many other questions you need to ask yourself but knowing that it takes a level of self-confidence to have a successful career in modeling will help you stand out from the crowd. Be prepared for scrutiny from people who don't want anything to do with you unless you're exactly what they're looking for. Be prepared to be friends with fellow models who are also your competition.
There is so much more to modeling than the physical part. It's up to you as an individual to decide if you have more than the looks to measure up to high standards and set yourself apart from the rest.