WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!

There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.

Modeling 101 Followers - I Love You!!!

Follow Modeling 101 with Dania Denise by Email!

Google

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Answering a Reader Question #7


Anonymous wrote:

This is really helpful! I was wondering though if you are on the other side of the spectrum (really tall) if that is a thing that can hinder you from modeling? I'm only 14 and I've already hit the 5'10.5"
and I still have a couple more years to grow. Is there a way to be too tall?


At this point, you don't have anything to worry about. 5'10" is the ideal height for fashion and runway models. There are models who are 6'0" and while this is typically considered too tall, many agencies gladly downplay the height and will say you are 5'11" instead of 6'0".

So don't worry, at this point your height won't hinder you and if you do happen to grow to be 6'0" your agent will fudge your height.

4 comments:

Torrance Stephens bka All-Mi-T said...

dang u must me the woman when it comes to modeling

have a great day

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for answering! <3

ki~ki said...

All of the information that you post is very helpful. Currently I am looking into modeling and have searched a few websites. I looked at the models on those websites and their waist is usually between 23-25 and hips between a 33-35. My waist is a 27, hips are a 36 and buist a 34. I'm also 6'0. Should I try to lose an inch or two before I go to an open call?

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Ki-Ki! You'll find your questions answered in my latest post, titled, "Answering a Reader Question #9." Thanks for the compliments and for reading! :)