WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!

There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.

Modeling 101 Followers - I Love You!!!

Follow Modeling 101 with Dania Denise by Email!

Google

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Answering a Reader Question #343

Anonymous Wrote:


Is it 'unprofessional' to wear nicer shorts to an open call? Like white, denim shorts? Or is it better to always wear a skirt/jeans? And if shorts are fine to wear, should I wear heels with them too? Thanks! 

Hi, Anonymous! Because open calls are informal, it is okay to wear nice shorts, especially since that's a great way for the agency to see your body shape. ALWAYS wear heels to anything modeling/agency related so definitely pair them with your shorts (they'll make your legs look awesome, lol). Should you get invited back for an actual interview with the agency, that's when you'll want to wear something less casual.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Dania what's your criteria for accepting gigs on Craigslist? how do you actually search for jobs on the site do you search "jobs" or "gigs" in the part where you have that option. On average how much do you get paid for a gig and how long does it take to receive the money. Thanks

Anonymous said...

hi Dania i have a question about acting. how do i get an acting agent. what is the process to get started with acting. I did several plays throughout middle school and high school. however, the last play i did was when i was 18yrs old can i include those plays on my resume right now all i have are my stats from modeling my height and other measurements i was hesitant about adding previous work from high school because i wasn't sure if they were too old. I feel that since i haven't done any performing since I was 18 I figured I'm starting from square 1 brand new. So I would love a step by step approach pursuing acting seriously and hopefully finding an agent I'm a new freelance model but I want to become a freelance actress is that possible is there a M.M for actors. Oh and I would prefer to act for television and film, theater is great but I'd rather be on camera than on stage. I prefer to be on camera I'm fine with starting with small roles I would love to do commercials too is it OK to do some extra/background work or is that frowned upon. I just want guidance on how to restart my career now that I'm 24 and I live in NYC.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dania in regards to modeling what's more important a models weight or their measurements. I really want to know in regards to a commercial market in NYC. what's more important to clients and agencies. For the commercial market it is common for a agency to turn down a model based on her weight or measurements. Also when a agency signs a commercial model what criteria do they go by to sign someone like what does a model have to have in order to get signed to a commercial agency. Thanks so much

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Anonymous (#1)! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #344." Thanks for reading!

Dania Denise said...

Hey, Anonymous (#2)! You'll find the answers to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #345." Thanks for reading!

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Anonymous (#3)! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #346." Thanks for reading!

K.Renee` said...

Hi Dania!

I want to start of by saying that I love your blog and it is very helpful. I have a few questions that I have been wanting answers to for the longest. I am currently 19 years old and I am a college athlete. I am an aspiring model/actress as many other people are. I don't have any modeling experience aside from pictures that other people have taken of me and the only acting experience I have so far is an acting class I have taken here at school and I play that I was in here. My first question would be that without a resume that has substance what should I do in regards to contacting agencies. Also, what steps should I take to getting more experience for a resume. I want to start making a name for myself but I just really don't know where to start or what steps to approach. Your advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Dania Denise said...

Hi, K.Renee! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #352." Thanks for reading!