WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!

There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.

Modeling 101 Followers - I Love You!!!

Follow Modeling 101 with Dania Denise by Email!

Google

Monday, April 9, 2012

Answering a Reader Question #355

Anonymous Wrote:


Hi Dania, I have a question regarding tear sheets. This photographer that I shot for is putting together a natural hair project. She says the pictures will be on her website when the project is finished. Since I participated in the project does this count as a tear sheet. I'm just wondering because then I could add it to my book. Oh and what is the technical definition of a tear sheet. 

Hey there, Anonymous! Yes, the images of yourself that will appear on the photographer's website count as tearsheets. Because they are in a digital format, they fall under the category of "digital tearsheets."

The technical definition of a tearsheet is any published/printed image that you appear in as a model. Online modeling images that appear on websites, online articles, advertising banners, etc. also count as being "published," therefore they are a part of the tearsheet family.

To learn more about tearsheets, you'll want to check out these two blog posts I wrote about this topic:

Why Tearsheets Are Just As Good As Money

Digital Tearsheets: The New Kid on the Modeling Block

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a question about digital tearsheets. I know you said to take a screen cap of the page with the info, but what do I do when my photos appear on the bottom of the page where the info can't be seen if I screen cap it?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dania a question i have related to the modelling industry; I'm just beginning and have been and had an interview with Vivienne's and ,now here comes the part which upsets me, I went to walking classes at viviennes and was told that they would get back to me in a day or two and still I have not heard from them, are they really interested in me at all or am i just being hopeful for nothing.

Anonymous said...

hi Dania I have a question that i've been thinking to ask you for a while but i just got around to it haha so i sent in pics to ford again after they asked for more and now I have an appointment with ford next week and I just wanted to know what to expect so I don't go in not knowing what's gonna happen...
thank you! :)

PictureMe2 on a iPad! said...

Loving your blog!
I am a photographer and you are a very inspiring person.

Thanks for the tips and the links on "tear sheet".

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #356." Thanks for reading!

Dania Denise said...

Hey, Anonymous (#2)! You'll find the answer to you question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #358." Thanks for reading!

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Anonymous (#3)! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #359." Thanks for reading!

Amber said...

Hi Dania, I would like to get started in the commercial/print modeling, but I'm 15 and 5'4". Is that too short? If I go to an open call, would they turn me down because of my height? Also, could you find me any agencies in the DFW area?

Thanks!

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Amber! You'll find the answer to your questions in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #637," which can be found on my new blog: "Modeling 101 - Answering Readers Questions."

Please visit this link: http://amodelsdiary-readerquestions.blogspot.com/ and you can view your post there. Thanks for reading!