WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!

There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.

Modeling 101 Followers - I Love You!!!

Follow Modeling 101 with Dania Denise by Email!

Google

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Quick Tip #42

Category: Modeling Gigs/Castings
For: Male & Female Models

When searching for modeling gigs on sites like Craigslist, be wary of any posting that's asking for models to be "open-minded." This typically translates to: hopefully he/she won't ask questions and will do whatever I ask...especially if it's freaky-deaky. 99% of the time, postings like these are looking for attractive individuals to perform supposedly "modeling-related" tasks but also "additional" duties that are often sexual in nature. Avoid "open-minded" posts. Period.

8 comments:

Deja said...

Hi! I looooooooooooooove your blog! I was just wondering if its unprofessional, rude, or annoying to tell an agency their inbox is full. I've been trying to submit to an agency via email the past few days and every time I try to submit, my email always gets sent back to me saying their inbox is full. Hmm, so should I tell them?

Anonymous said...

1: your amazing :)
2: thanks for all the information!
3: can you list some commercial print agencies in nyc? I'm trying to find some that aren't the big, super well-known type of agencies. Boutique agencies perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Hi Dania, I'm a petite new model on M.M. what's the most effective way to use the site to make it work for me. I do not have an agency because all the one's I've submitted to don't want me now. So what is the most effective way to use M.M. and other networking sites in NYC.

Dania Denise said...

Hey, Deja! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #347." Thanks for reading!

Dania Denise said...

Hey, Anonymous (#1)! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #353." Thanks for reading!

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Anonymous (#2)! Instead of finding the answers to your question in the "Answering a Reader Question Series", you'll find it as a regular blog post, titled "Tips for Using Model Mayhem Effectively for Your Modeling Career." Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dania! I was wondering, what's the whole "process" of getting signed to a top agency? Does it take a large amount of time just to get signed, what is the process? Thanks!

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Anonymous (#3)! Instead of finding the answers to your question in the "Answering a Reader Question Series", you'll find it as a regular blog post, titled "The 411 on Getting Signed to a Modeling Agency." Thanks for reading!