- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Sunday, March 18, 2007
My Beauty & Skin Care Regimen
While everyone's skin and bodies are different, I've decided to list my skin care and beauty regimen here to help those of you who may want to start your own skin care routine but aren't sure where to begin.
(Morning - Night)
- Cleanse with Clean & Clear Morning Burst with Shine Control
- Tone with Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3
- Moisturize with Dove Deep Skin Moisturizer
- Exfoliate once to twice a week with St. Ive's Apricot Scrub
(Skin care/beauty regimen before a photo shoot)
- Shower/shave the night before and moisturize entire body with St. Ive's Renewing Collagen & Elastin Body Lotion
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize face once I get out of the shower (I don't wash my face in the shower because I like to treat my face and the rest of my body separately when it comes to pampering and getting it ready for a shoot)
- Use Biore Pore Cleansing Strips on my nose
(The day of the shoot)
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize
The most important thing to do when putting together your own skin care or beauty regimen, is to know your skin type and buy products that are made for that particular skin type. Visit a dermatologist as well so that you know exactly what kind of skin care products you should be using.
In addition to maintaining good skin, eating a healthy diet rich in fruit, veggies and some red meat will help you keep your weight together (and, no, starvation is not on the menu!).
As you pursue the modeling industry, you will always need to keep your health and your physical appearance in top shape. Aging works against you but there are many models who are well into middle age who still look great and get bookings because they started taking care of themselves at an early age. Do your best in this category so that you are among them.