- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Answering a Reader Question #230
Hey Dania! I yesterday got in the WOMEN model agency, and I'll be doing commercials/prints. They said that we'll be doing some professional photos and that I need to bring some clothes to wear. So my question is, what to bring? Thank you in advance :)
Hi, Anonymous, thanks for the question and a huge congrats on getting signed to WOMEN! While I am greatly flattered that you would ask me about this, my first suggestion would be to ask this question directly to your agent. They won't mind since they are your go-to-people for all things related to your modeling career and will gladly help you out. You'll be better off with following what wardrobe they recommend--after all, they'll be the ones choosing the final images to use in order to market you to clients.
However, I still want to answer your question so that you have both ends of the spectrum or in the event that your agent doesn't have any specific suggestions for you (I doubt that, though). Since you're doing commercial/print, you'll want to consider any/all of these outfits, which are typical for portfolio shoots for this type of modeling:
- Casual Outfit: Nice blouse, jeans and simple heels.
- Casual Dress: Preferably not in a super busy/distracting pattern/design. Sun dresses, sweater dresses and similar styles are ideal. You want something that shows your figure in a flattering way but not something that is super skin tight.
- Sports Related Outfit: This can be yoga pants and a tank-top with tennis shoes, workout shorts and a sports bra or other stylish athletic wear.
- Business Casual Outfit: Slacks and a button up blouse, pencil skirt with a nice blouse or other similar wardrobe. Solid colored bottoms and a solid color or simple design/pattern top are best. Close toed shoes or peep-toe style heels. Avoid strappy, stiletto type heels for business wear.
- Business Professional Outfit: Full on business pants suit or skirt suit with blazer with solid colored shirt. Simple accessories. Closed toed shoes/boots.
I wish you the best of luck in your career and am rooting for you! :-)