- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Friday, December 2, 2011
Answering a Reader Question #250
Do you mean male commercial print models are 5'9" these days or not? Have the height standards changed in this area of modeling?
Hi, Anonymous! Commercial/print modeling requirements in general for both men and women are flexible--much more flexible than fashion/runway. So yes, male commercial/print models can be 5'9". They do not necessarily have to be 5'11" - 6'0" like male fashion models. I've worked with male models on commercial/print gigs who were as short as 5'6". It all depends on the model's look and the agency's preferences.