WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!

There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.

Modeling 101 Followers - I Love You!!!

Follow Modeling 101 with Dania Denise by Email!

Google

Friday, December 2, 2011

Answering a Reader Question #253

Airica Wrote:


but chanel iman started out with Ford from LA and not new york right? and didn't she become a VS model from the LA ford? then got signed onto Elite as a VS model. I just want to know because I don't want to move to new york! D: 

Chanel Iman is an exception to the VS requirements because she was already an established supermodel. If you are a new model that is not yet known or who hasn't done a lot of top caliber work, you have to follow the standard requirements of being signed to Ford or Elite in New York. Having previous/current star power always allows some models to skip over certain requirements and automatically get considered for VS. You'll notice that 99.9% of the VS models who don't fall under the VS requirements/guidelines (i.e. being signed to other agencies in or outside of New York) were already popular and famous by the time they were hired to work for VS. Hope that helps! :-)

2 comments:

kat said...

Hi dania, so my question is when submitting pic to agencies how do I wear my hair? I'm black and I have natural hair so I can wear curly in two ways. Is it better to go with the shrinked up look or is it better to wear it dry in a big afro I don't know which is best. when my hair shrinks it reaches barely the nape of my neck. When is it stretched out it's much bigger so what do agencies prefer?

Dania Denise said...

Hey, Kat! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #254." Thanks for reading!