- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Quick Tip #34
For: Male & Female Models
When it comes to attending castings for a modeling gig, if it is at all possible, do not volunteer to go first. Trust me on this one. Below are reasons why:
1) Being nervous is natural but if you volunteer to go first, that nervousness will double and could negatively impact your performance.
2) Most times you'll be able to watch other models audition, which allows you to "cheat" and already know what the client is going to ask you to do.
3) Waiting until a few other models go first gives you time to practice or at least have an idea of how you will do your casting/audition.
Case & point: I went to a casting recently for a designer and another model got there around the same time as me but she had brought her son with her. The designer asked which of us wanted to go first and I almost volunteered but decided to let the other girl go since she had her kid with her. As it turns out, I was invited by the casting director to peek in on her casting so that I could get an idea of what they'd be asking me to do. We had to put on a pair of their jeans and mimic a specific pose, while being given super tedious instructions on how to pose our lower body (only the waist down was being photographed, not our face or anything). The model was having a very hard time following what was being asked of her. However, I had a perfect idea of what to do and once I got into the jeans myself and assumed my pose, they got the shot they needed after only taking 4 photos. Had I gone first, I would have been awkward like the model before me, which would have undoubtedly affected the quality of my casting.