- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Answering a Reader Question #116
Hi, Dania! I've got a question- Normally, I have 35 inch hips, which I know is pushing it for modeling, but still works. However, my thighs, in proportion to the rest of my body, are just a bit thicker. They don't touch each other or anything, but I definitely feel like if I excersised more I could slim them down a bit. However, I'm reluctant to try certain types of excercise because I don't want my legs to get buff and bigger than they already are. Are there any types of excersise that slim legs down, especially thighs? Thanks so much!
Hi, Anonymous! I did some searching for you and here is what I came up with:
This link is to the site Prevention.com and has a few exercises that are good for slimming the thighs...it also has videos of how to do the exercises for reference:
Prevention.com: Flatten Your Belly, Slim Your Thighs & Firm Your Butt in 2 Weeks
Below is additional information and exercises from the site FitnessHealthZone.com that can also help you out:
Specific thigh exercises that work and strengthen the muscles of the thigh will make your thighs appear slimmer because they will have muscle definition and shape. Here are a few thigh slimming exercises that will strengthen and tone the thigh muscles:
1. Leg lifts: Stand with your feet comfortably apart. Hold onto a wall for balance. Lift your right knee until the thigh is parallel to the floor and hold for a count of 5; straighten the knee, keeping the foot off the floor and hold for a count of 5. Lower the leg slowly to the starting position. Repeat with the left leg. Repeat 3 times each leg, increasing to 6 reps.
2. Squats: Stand with feet hip width apart. Bend your knees as far as you can, keeping your feet flat on the floor. Return to start position. Repeat 5 times and gradually increase to 10 or 15. Make sure your back is straight throughout the exercise, and shoulders back.
3. Kneeling leg lifts: kneel on all fours, hands under shoulders, knees under hips. Lift the right knee out to the side, keeping it bent. Hold for count of 5. Lower. Repeat with left knee. Repeat 6 times each leg, increasing to 10.
4. Inner thigh lift: Lie straight, on your right side, on the floor, right arm above your head with your right ear touching. Put your left leg on the floor just in front of the right leg. Lift your right leg and hold for a 2 count, lower to the floor but lift it again as soon as it touches the floor. Repeat 10 times, gradually increasing to 20. Repeat on the other side.
Do these thigh slimming exercises three times a week, walk 5 times a week, eat a healthy, balanced diet and you will soon be pleased by how much slimmer your thighs look.
Hope that helps and make sure whatever approach you take, that it's a healthy one!!!