- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Answering a Reader Question #84
i'm 13 nearly 14 and i want to start modeling but i've got braces , i really want to start as soon as possible but i would like to know what my chance's are .
Hey, Anonymous, thanks for the question. There is no black or white answer but I would say your chances are 50/50. It could really go either way. The possible outcomes could be:
- The agency likes your look, even with your braces, and signs you as is.
- The agency likes your look but would prefer to wait until you get your braces removed before offering you a contract. They may ask you to come back to their offices after your braces are off.
- You may not have the look that the agency wants at the moment.
The whole modeling with braces situation varies from case to case. As I mentioned in the post you commented on, "Modeling with Braces", there are different factors that come into play. If you have a few years before your braces come off but have a strong, marketable look, an agency could sign you since it would be some time before you'd have to redo your portfolio to reflect your new look without braces. However, if you only have a short amount of time before getting them off, the agency can save itself time and money by waiting for you to get your braces off first. Even if the agency asks you to come back at a later time, that is still a good sign because it shows they are interested enough in you.
Good luck to you!