WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!

There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.

Modeling 101 Followers - I Love You!!!

Follow Modeling 101 with Dania Denise by Email!

Google

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Answering a Reader Question #145

Anonymous Wrote:


Hi Dania! I just have a random question for open calls- what should I do with my nails? Should I paint them a colour, or is it better to just use a nude polish or leave them bare? Thanks! 

Hey, Anonymous! I would recommend leaving your nails bare or using a clear polish. The most important thing is to make sure they are well groomed--no hangnails, dirt/grime under your fingernails, etc. You don't want a funky nail polish color or fake acrylic nails to become a distraction. As long as your nails are clean and presentable, that's what matters. The same goes for your toes if you wear open-toed shoes. I personally always keep my toes freshly pedicured with white, French tips. :-)

So keep it simple and you'll be good to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dania, I love your blog! I am going to an open call in a little while, and the agency didn't specify about bringing shapshots, but I figured it'd be better to be safe than sorry. All it said was that professional photos weren't necessary. So should I bring them in the photo envelope, or in a folder, or a binder? And does it matter what size the pictures are? Like should I make a picture a full page, or the typical photo size? Thanks!!

Dania Denise said...

Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #146." Thanks for reading!