- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Answering a Reader Question #76
um i m 14 and i went to this agency and they said that they cant do a photoshoot wit my braces on they said i had great looks and i should come back when i get them off:( well idk i m just kinda confused cuz i want to start my modelling career as soon as possible:)
reply back thanks:)
Hey, Anonymous! To clear up the confusion, the agency likes your look but will only work with you after you have gotten your braces off. So for now you won't be able to do any modeling work with them, including photoshoots, until your braces come off. Unfortunately, there is no way around that. Even though you may want to start your career asap, as my post "Modeling with Braces" stated, there isn't much you can do since the demand for models with braces isn't high. You're more marketable to an agency if you have your braces off.
So in your situation you have one of two options:
1) Wait until your braces come off and then contact the agency in order to officially begin your modeling career with them.
2) Submit yourself (with your braces) to other modeling agencies and see if any of them will be willing to sign you as you are now.
Either way it turns out, good luck!