Skip to main content

100+ Modeling 101 Followers (And Growing!)

When I look at the list of my followers, I must admit I get really excited. And now that the number of Modeling 101 followers has passed the 100 mark, I am ecstatic!

I never thought in a million years that when I started my blog back in 2007 it would grow to be what it is--nor did I expect anyone to really care that much. I knew there was a lot of misinformation about the modeling industry and that tons of folks were either being misdirected, given false hope or outright being taken advantage of. What started as a couple of posts about my feelings and experience in the industry has transformed into one of my passions. I really didn't know how readers would react to me...I expected a LOT of criticism or skepticism of some sort--I mean, how many people would really take advice from a shorter model seriously since I wasn't strutting down a catwalk in Milan or New York? But you guys really surprised me! Of course I have my fair share of Debbie Downers (hah, I love that term!) but, eh, it comes with the territory.

When I began getting questions within reader comments on my posts, at first I simply answered their question in a comment directly below theirs. But when the list of questions started to grow, I began the "Answering a Reader Question" post series. Ummm...never did I dream I would have answered almost 100 reader questions! Wow-wee!

At times I sit back and just look at my blog and think, "How on Earth did I get fortunate enough to have so many people from around the world (shout out to my international models and model hopefuls!!!) care about what I was writing, nonetheless find inspiration in my words?"

Modeling 101 "A Model's Diary" readers I just have to say a huge THANK YOU for turning to me as a source for info on the industry, for not only reaching out and supporting me in my own career but for trusting me to assist you with yours. Some of the emails and comments I get from my readers are filled with such genuine appreciation, enthusiasm, hope and encouragement that I continue to become more motivated by the day to keep this blog updated and on point so that I can better serve you all (and for all the naysayers and dedicated skeptics, keep it comin'--your comments truly entertain and amuse me, hehe). Without you guys taking the time to read my posts and communicate with me via comments and email, my blog wouldn't be virtually synonymous with the keyword "modeling" when used in a search engine (I think that is SO cool btw!).

Gah, my long time readers know by now that I am truly long winded when I write so I'm going to end this blabbering now but seriously, I appreciate each and every one of you that visits my blog and reads my post--whether you are a follower or not. Keep your head up, your hopes high and the critics in check!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

XOXO
Dania Denise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modeling & Pay Rates: How Much Should You Charge?

(This post is more targeted towards freelance models and not those with agency representation, although it may apply to those that have an agent but continue to find their own work.) A part of being a successful model is making money from the jobs that you book. However, being a freelance model comes with many challenges--figuring out what you should charge is one of them. I will say upfront that there are no established black and white rules when it comes to pay rates. Each modeling job is different, each client is different and budgets vary. Ultimately the factors that should influence what you charge should be the amount of experience you have, the strength of the images in your portfolio and the client's budget/needs. Not every client is going to pay what you want to charge. There may be times when you will be skipped over for charging too much or taken advantage of for charging too little. It's going to happen so be prepared for it and do not take it personally. It

Modeling and Weight

One of the first things I hear potential models ask is what the weight requirement for modeling is. Sometimes that is the main issue they worry about when it comes to pursuing modeling. Let me tell you right now that weight should NOT be one of those concerns. Obviously, the height requirement reigns supreme when measuring up to the modeling standards sought out by agencies. If you meet the height requirements--whether it's for fashion and runway or commercial/print--that is the first step towards starting on the path to modeling. How much you weigh shouldn't be your biggest fear. It is rare that anyone can look at someone and say, "Oh, my gosh, he/she looks like they are 5 pounds over our weight requirement!" It just isn't realistic. If you look at many modeling agency websites, they clearly list the age and height requirements--rarely, if at all do they list any weight restrictions. The general rule of thumb when it comes to weight is that for models who

What Are Male Models Supposed to Look Like?

The modeling world is filled with women. That's never been a secret and sadly, that often means male models fall by the wayside. There are successful male models in all categories across the industry but the fact that the modeling business revolves around women can make it challenging for newbies to figure out how to pursue their goals of male modeling. It is important to know that because there are different types of modeling categories out there, that means there are also different types of male models. They aren't all supposed to look alike and what ends up being in demand does change every year. Let's break down the common attributes that come with male modeling in various popular categories, shall we? THE MALE FASHION/RUNWAY/EDITORIAL MODEL These are the typical types of models most of us tend to think of when it comes to men in modeling. What is important to know and understand if you're an aspiring male model is that agencies have all different looks