- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Answering a Reader Question #151
What are the chances of being a runway model in NYC at 5'8?
Hi, Anonymous! NYC is one of the toughest markets to break into and 5'8" is definitely on the shorter side of the height spectrum. That being said, the competition will be high BUT if you have an amazing look then agencies will be interested in signing you. While 5'8" is considered "short" in the runway world, it does meet the minimum height requirement so it'll get you in the door. Plus, there are so many runway/fashion agencies in the NYC market so you're bound to find one that will be interested in representing you.