- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Answering a Reader Question #11
As I said before Dania, you do a great job with this blog. It's so helpful to me. But, I did have another question. Exactly how do I lose about 2 to 3 inches off of my waist and hips?????????? I really like my body the way it is now i.e. 34-27-36 but I guess if I want to explore modeling I will have too lose a few inches.
Thanks, Ki-Ki, I appreciate the support! I am very proud to hear you say that with your current measurements, you are happy with your body! I hear too many people say the exact opposite…your response is a rare yet refreshing one to hear! That being said, I highly suggest seeing agencies as you are first. If you are happy with yourself right now then take a chance and see what they say. It won’t count against you if they say to lose a few inches and then come back…to be invited back is a good thing! So I see nothing wrong with seeing them now if you’re ready and taking things from there.
As far as losing the inches off your waist, this was what information I could find that you could try out (sorry it’s gonna be long but I wanted to make sure you had enough options to choose from that work for you):
Exercise/Diet (Eating habits, not an actual diet)
Below are 6 tips on how to lose inches off your waist fast:
1. Think small - opting for little changes in your diet can make a difference to your fat loss efforts. Look at eating turkey burgers instead of beef, diet soda instead of regular, whole grain pasta instead of white. With small changes, it becomes second nature, which will have an impact on your eating habits.
2. Eat smart - never eat straight from a box or container. If you are eating take out food, put the right portion on a plate. And put the package away, then sit down and enjoy your meal, taking your time over it. Eat slowly and savor every bite. Also, plan to have 6 healthy mini meals a day to control the cravings!
3. It is healthy for everyone to follow a high fiber diet, aiming for two to three cups of vegetables per day and two pieces of fruit (preferably with the skin on). Switching to a diet high in fiber doesn't mean you have to add more carbohydrates to your daily menu, it simply means you need to eat high fiber carbs (those with more than 3g of fiber per serve). Choose from broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, zucchini, tomato, mung beans, leeks, green beans, capsicum, onions and others.
4. Eat more fresh, wholesome foods and drink more water through out the day. And if you reduce the amount of processed foods and sugary drinks like Coca Cola and Diet Pepsi - you are well on your way to losing inches off your waist.
5. Make it a gradual effort. Changes to your lifestyle do not have to be immediate. If you can commit yourself to make positive changes daily, like drinking one less can of coke and eating one serving of fruit - it's all for the better for your health and waistline.
6. The Best Exercise Program for you ... is one you will stick to, and one that is challenging. Find a routine that works for you, and make it a habit.
The best exercise you can do to lose inches off your waist is called the vacuum pose.
Suck in your belly button as much as possible. Now, be careful not to make the mistake of sucking in your upper belly area. You want to suck in the lower belly around your belly button.
Now suck that in as much as possible and hold that position for between 15-60 seconds. The longer the better. Rest then repeat this. Do this for a total of 5 minutes a day.
Clients who did this 5 minutes a day averaged 1.75 inches lost from their waists. Now, if you are more dedicated, do the vacuum pose for 15-20 minutes each day and you will lose nearly 3 inches from your waist.
Here's how you can do it for 20 minutes without feeling like you did it for 20 minutes:
Do them during TV commercials. The average 1 hour TV show has about 22 minutes of TV commercials. Now, simply do this exercise for 2 minutes during each commercial that comes on during that TV show. Wasted time all of a sudden becomes productive time.
Body wraps are a great quick way to lose a few inches or even pounds. It's all water weight, which means we will regain these pounds or inches back very quickly. This is a quick fix but not a long term one. You'll keep it off a little longer only if you continue to do the wraps and if you keep yourself well hydrated so that you don't end up dehydrated. You will gain back what ever you lost by doing a wrap one time only.
Body wraps, CAN help you to lose inches and keep them off. There are essentially two different kinds of body wraps available to consumers. The first type of body wrap, just incited rapid water loss, which comes back quickly. The second type however, incites lymphatic drainage in your fat cells, and helps to improve your metabolism and release harmful toxins from your body. If you're looking into getting a body wrap, be sure to look for this second type for lasting inch loss. You can check your local day spas to see if they offer this service.