Skip to main content

Dania Denise: VioGemini Fashion Show

Last night I participated in an amazing fashion show in San Francisco. I wore two outfits by designer Violetta Vieux (hit up her official website for photos of her amazing designs: www.viogemini.com)--it was her first fashion show in the USA and I was so happy to be one of the 8 models chosen for the event!

My call time for hair and makeup was 5pm and the doors opened at 7:30pm, with the show starting at 10pm. The venue the show was at actually was the same place I did a previous show at a few months ago for another designer, Amanda Howard.

So it was nice that I was already familiar with the set up and how the event was going to be run. All the models, makeup artists and hair stylists got along and the whole night was a buzz of activity, especially once the public was let in at 7:30pm and got to watch the models get primped out on the main floor.

The first outfit I got to wear is called the "Star Dress" and with good reason--it's completely crocheted by hand with sequins and the "star" feature is only big enough to cover one of my breasts...the rest is completely exposed! Definitely a risque dress but I was so honored when Violetta asked me to be the one to wear it. Luckily, it fit perfectly and after making double-sided tape my best friend, I was more eager to wear it on the floor! The second outfit was from Violetta's debut bridal collection. I love short wedding dresses!

Below is footage that one of my friends took with his camera phone of me walking in the Star Dress...check it out!!!



The pictures from the event will be available within a few days. Soon as I get a hold of them, I'll be sure to post them here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want to Be a Victoria's Secret Model?

(*Due to the number of comments and questions I get from aspiring models about working for VS, please be sure to read my post on this very carefully. If you don't meet all of these requirements then you cannot become a model for VS. If you are not tall enough, if you are not signed to a top agency, your chances are not good.  If you don't meet the requirements, please don't be too upset about it. Find another field of modeling you may be good for. There are plenty of other modeling opportunities for models outside of being a VS angel. They may not be as good or as well-known as VS but it's better than nothing.) I know I’d jump at the chance to be offered a gig modeling for Victoria’s Secret (although I think they’d be irritated by Photoshopping my stretch marks HAHA, yeah, I said it, I’ve got stretch marks!). All silliness aside, the gals of Victoria’s Secret are probably the inspiration for a majority of aspiring models out there. Not only do they get to wear the s...

Male Models & Height

(This particular post is in reference to male models seeking to do fashion and runway modeling only, not commercial/print.) So I realize that many of my posts are directed at female models because, well, there are so many of them out there! But I do acknowledge and recognize the male models out there, too, and believe me I do my best to try and squeeze in posts that relate to you guys as well. While I will say that much of the information I provide (casting calls, submitting to agencies, etc.) can be applied to male modeling as well, I don't want anyone to get confused or feel they have to sort out exactly what applies to females and what applies to males so I decided to start trying to do more posts for male models or those aspiring to be one. The height factor is not just an issue with female models but male models as well. Unfortunately, there are even less "exceptions to the rule" when it comes to male models than female models. There are definitely the Ka...

How Old is Too Old to Model?

It’s no secret that the media has made a big deal out of youth. Think about it: how many people have you heard say, “Gosh, I can’t wait to get wrinkles!” Worldwide, selling the idea of youth has made many companies billions of dollars. Without the models, however, they wouldn’t get very far. So that’s the obvious stuff but what about the question of age and being older in the modeling industry? Well, for starters, if you plan on being in the fashion and runway field, the younger you are the better. The longevity for this type of modeling is extremely short for the majority of models involved. Agencies sign girls as young as 13 years old and tend to hesitate if a model is over 18. This topic, like the height issue, is a reality of the industry that you don’t have to agree with but you will have to accept or at least get used to. It’s just a plain fact that agencies and their clients can get more work out of youthful models than those who already show the signs of aging. Sadly, this...