- About a Model's Diary: How It All Began
- Dania Denise Resume
- What This Blog is For
- Working with Dania Denise
- Mentoring, Coaching & Consultation Services
- The New "Answering a Reader Question" Series...Video Reply Version!!!
- Modeling 101 Blog FAQ
- Where Do You Start in Modeling?
- How Modeling 101 Helped Me
- Guide to Modeling 101 Labels/Category Section
WELCOME TO MODELING 101!!!
There is more to the modeling world than the media lets on. If you want to find out what it really takes and how to manage your modeling career, then you've come to the right place! This blog is dedicated to the aspiring and already established models who live to defy the standards and stereotypes in order to make a place for themselves in this crazy industry.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Answering a Reader Question #274
Hi Dania, you mention model mayhem a lot on your blog. Can you tell of other websites besides model mayhem that I could use. I need to find a photographer to do some test shoots and I am more than willing to test for free I just want to gain experience in front of the camera. the reason I ask is because I was rejected from model mayhem and I want to find other ways to make things happen with or without an agency. Also one more thing do you know of commercial print/lifestyle agencies in N.Y. I plan on moving to N.Y. in February.
Hey, Katie J! Did Model Mayhem give you a reason as to why they rejected your profile registration? Below are other websites similar to Model Mayhem that you can check out (I've only used the first two but am no longer active on them. The rest I can't personally vouch for):
- One Model Place (www.onemodelplace.com)
- Miss Online (http://www.missonline.com/)
- Model URL (http://modelurl.com/)
- Moo Faces (http://moofaces.com)
Below are the websites for agencies in NY that have commercial/print and lifestyle divisions that you can look into:
Funny Face Today Model Management
Model Service Agency, LLC
Silver Model Management